The list below shows which features are available in the two Versions, with Installer and Portable, of UltraFileSearch.
■ The search is done without the need to use background Indexing.
■ Allows to find Files and/or Folders on the basis of these types of Parameters:
▪ "Files and Folders": Allows to set the File/Folder Names and Starting Folders plus other important Parameters.
▪ "Containing Text": Allows to set the Words/Phrases to search for and enable the Text Filters for Documents.
▪ "Date and Size": Allows to set the Date-Time and Size of the Files/Folders to search for.
▪ "Attributes": Allows to set the Attributes of the Files/Folders to search for. (e.g. Archive, System, Hidden, etc.)
▪ "Length and Depth": Allow to set Names Lengths and the Depth Level to be used for scanning in the File System.
TIP: Setting the Depth Level allows to reduce the search time because it is applied to the scanning engine.
▪ "Owner and Group": Allows to set the Owner and Group of the Files/Folders to search for.
■ The Installable Version can be launched directly from Windows® Explorer shell Context Menu.
■ Can Search any NTFS or FAT File System, supported by the Operating System.
■ Can Search in every kind of Drive: Internal, External, Network, CD-ROM, DVD, etc.
■ Full support to Unicode Characters.
■ Ability to calculate the Size of the Folders.
■ Multi Rename that lets you Edit and Rename a list of Files at once.
■ Batch Rename that lets you Rename a list of Files according to certain rules.
■ Calculate Duplicate Files Tool that allows to calculate what are the Files with the same content .
■ Calculate Hash Values Tool that allows to calculate the Hash Values MD5, SHA1, SHA2 of the Files.
■ Search Files or Files and Folders or only Folders.
■ Allows you to enter more File Names to perform a multiple search at the same time.
■ Allows you to specify the File Names in 4 Modes: "Simple" / "Similarity" / "Wildcards" / "WildExp"
▪ "Simple": simply allows to type only part of the Filenames to search for.
▪ "Similarity": simply allows to type only part of the Filenames and to search for based to similarity.
▪ "Wildcards": allows to use Wildcard characters '?' and '*' to set the pattern of Filenames to search for.
▪ "WildExp": allows to use Wildcard characters and the Bracket Expressions for the Filenames to search.
▪ For each Mode you can open an Editing Window that allows you to easily Insert/Edit the File Names.
▪ Each list of File Names can be Saved/Loaded to/from Plain Text Files.
■ Allows to search for Short File Names (SFN), an alternative Format that uses the 8.3 DOS File naming scheme.
■ The search for File Names and Folders search can be Case Sensitive.
■ Search in Subfolders and may include Hidden Subfolders.
■ Drag & Drop Folders support from other Applications to "Starting Folders" Box.
■ Allows you to quickly select the Local or Network Drives or of single Drive.
■ Allows you to enter more Drives and/or Folders at the same time.
■ Accepts single or multiple "Environment Variables" (e.g. %APPDATA%)
■ Supports UNC Network Path Names (i.e. \\ComputerName\FolderName).
■ Supports for Long Path Names (lengths > 260 characters).
■ Ability to define a multi-Folder that contains a list of Folders and/or Drives.
■ Allows you to Load and Save the list of Folders and/or Drives of the multi-Folder.
■ Allows you to assign a mnemonic name to the multi-Folder.
■ Allows to exclude some File Names at the level of the single search.
■ Allows you to create lists of File Names to be excluded at the level of all searches.
■ Allows to exclude some Folders from scanning in the File System at the level of the single search.
■ Allows to create lists of Folders to be excluded from scanning in the File System at the level of all searches.
TIP: Setting the Folders esclusions allows to reduce the search time because it is applied to the scanning engine.
■ Possibility to set more Filters on the Folders in which the search is performed at the level of all searches.
■ Automatic Character Encoding detection of Plain Text Files without BOM when searching for Text.
■ Search in Plain Text Files and in Binary Files looking in their Raw Format. (e.g. .TXT, .HTML, .EXE, .DLL, .OBJ, etc.)
■ Search in Encoded Text Documents using IFilters or Text Filters built-in. (e.g. .PDF, .XLS, .DOC, .XLSX, .DOCX etc.)
▪ Each Filter can be Enabled/Disabled by Document Type (If disabled the search will be done in the Raw Format).
▪ You can also Disable/Enable all Filters maintaining the individual settings by Document Type.
■ Allows you to specify the Text Masks in 2 Modes: "Words" / "Phrases".
▪ "Words": simply allows to type only a part or the whole Words to search.
▪ "Phrases": simply allows to type only a part or the whole Words/Phrases to search.
▪ For each Mode you can open an Editing Window that allows you to easily Insert/Edit the Words or Phrases.
▪ Each list of Word or Phrases can be Saved/Loaded to/from Plain Text Files.
■ Ability to search more Words and Phrases together.
■ Text search Options: Entire/Partial Words/Phrases and Match Case.
■ Ability to find files that do not contain specified Words and Phrases.
■ Can ignore Files of certain Types: Hidden, System, Image, Audio, Video.
■ Filter for Files Newer than or Older than or within a specific Date range.
■ Possibility to select the Date Range on the basis of hours, Minutes, Seconds.
■ Filter for Files Larger than or Smaller than or within a specific Size range.
■ Possibility to select the Size Range on the basis of Bytes, KB, MB, GB.
■ Can choose the match type for the attributes to search for (Any, All, Only).
■ Full Screen View by pressing F11 key.
■ Possibility to append results of consecutive searches.
■ The rows of the results are numbered for an easy recognition.
■ The results can be put in order by column: upward, downward or initial.
■ Ability to perform incremental search in the Results.
■ Search for Column in the Results and positioning on the found Item.
■ The Results window supports Windows® Explorer functionality (e.g. icons, context menus).
■ Specific actions can be carried out on the results (e.g. Open Folder, Open Containing Folder, Command Prompt).
■ Multi-selection in order to perform editing on multiple Items (e.g. Cut, Copy, Copy to Folder, Rename, Delete, etc.).
■ Drag & Drop Support from Results Items to other Applications.
■ Ability to change the Column Layout (Position, Width, Visibility).
■ Auto Resize of the Selected Column or All Columns.
■ Ability to Zoom the Text for better legibility.
■ Export all the Rows or only the selected ones.
■ Select which Columns to Export and in which order.
■ Save the Export to File or to the Clipboard.
■ Save the Export to a new File or overwrite or append it to an existing File.
■ The Results can be Exported in many customizable Types and File Formats:
▪ File Name (.TXT) / Path (.TXT) / Full Path (.TXT)
▪ Formatted Text File (.TXT)
▪ Comma Separated Values File (.CSV) / Pipe Separated Values File (.PSV) / Tab Separated Values File (.TSV; .TAB)
▪ Data Interchange Format File (.DIF) / Simbolic Link File (SYLK) (.SLK)
▪ Web Page File (.HTM; .HTML) / Web Page File with Links (.HTM; .HTML)
▪ XML Document File (.XML)
■ Available Encodings: ASCII / ANSI Code Page / Unicode / Big-Endian Unicode / UTF8 / UTF8 No BOM
■ Ability to set two actions after Export of the Results: "Open Exported File" and "Open Export Folder".
■ Progress state visualization: Files and Folders found and Total Size.
■ Display of the main Search Filters in the Window Caption and in the Taskbar.
■ Shows the statistics of the last search performed.
■ Can choose which types of MRU Items to save and (or) load.
■ Can choose which types of Search Parameters to save and (or) load.
■ Possibility to choose the destination Directory of the Export command.